Depart The Rees lobby in one of our luxury European vehicles and make your way to the Queenstown Airport. A helicopter flight over the Southern Alps to a remote West Coast beach where your diver will jump in the water to collect live crayfish while you enjoy the natural beauty of the area with a bottle of champagne. Once the crayfish are collected, fly up to experience a glacier landing before returning to Queenstown. Transfer back to The Rees with your freshly caught crayfish to have another glass of champagne in the Bordeau Wine Lounge overlooking Lake Wakatipu while the kitchen begins prepping your dinner. Then make your way down to the True South Dining Room to enjoy a lovely 3-course meal with the crayfish being the highlight of the dinner!
Highlights & Features
For two persons, package inclusions:
Depart from Queenstown and head towards Skippers Canyon as we leave the Wakatipu basin. From here we will fly over the Richardson Mountains before crossing over the Rees and Dart river valleys. Out to your right hand side you will be able to take in views of Mt Earnslaw. As we head over the Humboults Mountain range we will see the Hollyford Valley our to our right and Mt Tutuko Fiordland highest mountain in front off us. We will endeavour to land on the tutuko Glacier to enable you to stand in these ancient ice flows. Once back on board we will fly out to the mouth of Milford Sound where your diver will head into catch fresh crayfish. While you diver in is the water we will serve you glasses of Champagne. After you diver has emerged with your catch we will fly the length of Milford Sound and continue onto Lake Erskine for a landing. From Lake Erskine we head back towards Queenstown and fly over Lake Wakatipu and the Wakatipu Basin before landing back at Queenstown Airport.
- Three nights’ accommodation in an Executive Lake View 1 Bedroom Apartment
- 1 x Day of Heli-Crayfish in a Private chartered helicopter with The Helicopter Line, Return transfers to the Heli base, Bottle of Taittinger Champagne
- 1 x 3 Course Crayfish Dinner for 2 persons
- Full cooked breakfasts daily
- Late check out of 12 noon
***A min of 24 hours notice is required for the Heli Crayfish Dining Trip
$1037.50 per person, per night (usually $1487 per person, per night) Save up to $449.50 per person, per night
All rates inclusive of GST and in NZD and subject to availability at time of booking.
Weather dependant and subject to availability at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received within 48-hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Flights, landings and routes may vary due to weather and at the pilot’s discretion. Flight times are approximate and include your landing.
- The price includes landing and concession fees as our flights land in conservation areas and special locations.
- iPads or selfie sticks are not allowed on board for safety.
- This trip is operated in accordance with the provisions of the Fisheries Act 1996.