Enjoy a scenic tour of William Rees’ exploration that includes historical buildings of our district along with a visit to Arrowtown and Chard Farm. Two landmarks of the settlement of Queenstown 160 years ago. The gold-mining town of Arrowtown was named after the Arrow River where gold was discovered and, Chard Farm is the location of the early road into Queenstown which once bustled with horse and cart of the gold-mining era.
Your scenic tour (up to 4 hours) will include commentary and:
· Visiting some of the earlier historical sites (heritage homes/buildings) in Queenstown
· Lakes District Museum (Arrowtown) full tour of the museum
· Gold Panning experience by the Arrow River
· Light refreshments (‘Picnic on the go’ of light sandwiches)
· Commemorative memorabilia
· Chard Farm Winery (tastings available)
Total tour from: $NZ850.00 for 2 people ($425 per person):
Based on two persons in one of our luxury vehicles.
Includes all entry fees/tour guide etc.