A Message to all our past and present guests, partners, agents and team
From everyone at The Rees Hotel, Queenstown, we sincerely hope that you, your families, and friends are staying safe during these trying times. COVID-19 is an unprecedented situation that the world is currently dealing with. We especially want to show thanks to those around the world who are on the front line working tirelessly to contain this virus and keep our communities safe.
As this issue continues to evolve daily, it’s clear that not a single segment of the global economy will be insulated from the ripple effects of Coronavirus. As The Rees continues to monitor the ongoing situation we want to reassure you that we are here to assist in whatever way possible. Rest assured that we are still monitoring and promptly responding to any inquiries regarding past, current, and upcoming bookings. We have all worked to build these relationships over the past years and want to ensure that we keep those active and strong. Once the world starts to move past this global epidemic whenever that may be in the future, we will be ready to warmly welcome our guests back to The Rees and provide the world-class hospitality that we are renowned for. Queenstown, New Zealand is as beautiful as ever and we are excited to continue showing guests from around the world what it has to offer.
Our team continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation closely in New Zealand with regular updates from the Ministry of Health, industry and government.
As such, strong measures and protocols are put in place for the health and safety of our guests and team at all times during and post the pandemic.
- Hourly checks, cleaning and disinfecting of all our public areas
- Availability of sanitizers in public areas
- Staff members are not permitted to return to work without a sign off from their doctor following an illness
- All staff will use the appropriate level of PPE for their role and task they are completing; this will commonly be the use of protective gloves but may include masks.
- Our staff have received specific training on the use of chemicals, especially for disinfecting areas.
- Availability of contact tracing measures in place as per Alert Level 1 guidelines
- A Safety Plan in place for our guests and teams
In the meantime, from our Whānau (family) to yours, be kind and stay safe.
THE REES TEAM